Air 2s Auto Picture taking

Hey all, new guy here. Going to be doing some surveys with my Air 2s. My trainer said some of the earlier models had an automatic picture taking mode while circling a point of interest. Is there any way to do that now? Seems like a simple firmware update. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, @RetiredBC473. If you have time, feel free to introduce yourself in our Pilot Check In. :slight_smile:

Your trainer was indeed correct. Earlier drones were able to do exactly what you are looking to do, not through DJI Go 4 or Fly, but through the Litchi app.

If you aren’t familiar with Litchi, it is a 3rd party app that you can get from the Google Play and iOS App Store that adds a plethora of useful waypoint missions, etc., to a wide variety of DJI drones. The Air 2S was added this year and can be set up to run an automatic waypoint mission while taking pictures at predefined intervals.

Litchi costs $20 USD, however, for those that need to do a lot of waypoint-focused missions (for surveying, mapping, construction progression), it pays for itself after the first time used. Droneblog has put together a few articles on Litchi and I’ll list them here, as well as a link to Litchi’s main site where you can get some helpful information on setting up missions, etc.

Litchi Main Site - Waypoints
Droneblogs Complete Guide to Litchi
Droneblogs article: Does the DJI Air2S have waypoints

Let us know if this works for you and how everything went after your job if you decide to use Litchi!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll check out Litchi as this is what I will be doing primarily.

2 Likes

Hi @RetiredBC473 welcome to our community, we’re glad you’re here :slight_smile: If you have other questions we’d love to see them here, as well as any advice you have to share with our other members.

1 Like

Thanks, now to just pass my test.

1 Like

@RetiredBC473 just checking in to see if you’ve begun the process of taking your 107 test, or the study process. If you need any info in this regard, give me a shout and I’d love to help.

1 Like

Thanks for asking, I did take my test this past Saturday. Passed with an 88. I got what I think was a fairly easy set of questions. Only 3 were kinda off the wall.

1 Like

@RetiredBC473 what study material did you use to pass the part 107 test?

1 Like

Drone Pilot ground school and An IOS app call Part 107

1 Like

Congrats on passing the test! I don’t know about you, but for me, that was a big personal achievement. I studied for it for 2 or 3 weeks like it was a college course. :slight_smile:

Did you find the test difficult? I used Pilot Institute before Greg was “pilot institute”. I loved the teaching style. I’m a very visual person and take a LOT of notes, about everything. I probably could have gone through the class faster if not for that, but I wouldn’t have passed with the score I did either, lol.

Again, congrats to you and we are interested to see how you use drones in your future ventures.

2 Likes