Hello All, Phil from Central TX

My name is Phillip, Phil for short, and I am just getting started in Drone piloting. I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone camera, with the Fly More kit, and I will be doing this as a hobby for now, and in the near future I would like to volunteer with public safety organizations as a Drone pilot. I need all the help I can get, so please help educate me to that I can grow into a responsible Drone Pilot.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, Phil. Glad to have you here! You are sure to have a lot of fun with the M3P. It is a fantastic all-around drone. Easy to fly and has some pretty impressive specs for a sub 250g drone.

We have a fair bit of topics that should aid in getting you on your journey a little quicker, and a community that is always eager to assist.

As a new drone operator in the US, it’s very important to take and pass the TRUST certification, as it is the law now for all recreational drone owners. Although I have my Part 107 (for many years now), when I fly recreationally, I too am required to have my TRUST cert on my person. It sounds a little counterintuitive, as part 107s know all of the information found in the TRUST exam, but I digress.

Below are some resources that should help you on your journey: What Is the TRUST Test? (Everything You Need to Know) – Droneblog

If you are interested in becoming a. FAA certified drone operator, here is excellent information: Droneblog Part 107 resources and information

We hope you enjoy your stay, and, we welcome any questions you may have…