Parrot BEBOP 2 not syncing to my apple mobil

Hi I previously used my Parrot with an android phone but now I can’t get it to work with my IPHONE?

Hello @GK1 and welcome to the community.
Sorry to hear you’re having some issues. Are you getting any specific errors on your iPhone’s app that are preventing the app from connecting with the Bebop?

Feel free to leave as many details as possible and we’ll see if we can find a workable solution for you.

Thanks I finally figured it out by just trying out the different apps and found that the Freedlight Pro 7 worked so I can get back to using it

That’s great to hear. Glad you are back up and flying :+1:t5:

Hello there.
Being a new pilot for my Yuneec Typhoon 500+ drone, I find these lipo batteries scary to use, re their volatilty, so is it possible to get a battery for my drone thats NOT a lipo type?
Rgds
Neil

From everything I’ve been reading over the past few weeks, there are not many alternatives outside of tethered systems, for most consumer drones. Those of course are systems that supply electricity to drones from a fixed power station running current through a wire to an adapted interface in the battery compartment, allowing said drone to fly for hours in a fixed location.

Drones benefit from LiPo because they carry more voltage per cell than other methods, allowing drones to fly further and faster for longer than other battery technology.

Ah thats interesting Dan thanks. So to claryfy, does this mean a hard physical wire from ground to drone?
Also, i understand the reasoning you say why Lipos are used, longer airtime, but i only want to fly for about 20mins at a time so dont need long flights. So in that respect, do you know of a different make up ( non lipo) that i could get, and where? Thanks.
Neil

@Neil, sadly I have found no alternatives for batteries for drones that currently use LiPos. Perhaps there is a mod group somewhere out there that might know?

In regard to the tethered systems, there is indeed a physical wire attached to the drone. Below is a link to such a company and what the use case applications are:

Thanks Dan.
Cant quite understand how that works on a physical line. For instance, what happens if one goes a bit too high or to one side too far, longer than the physical line?
Rgds

Neil

From the that little I know about tethered systems since it is physically anchored into the drone and the ground station, I’m sure the pilot would ease off the sticks once resistance is registered. As most tethered systems are to survey a specific zone, I’d think the parameters would be put in that keep the drone within a specified boundary if using autonomous software.

Many thanks Dan.
Rgds
Neil

1 Like

Thanks again Dan.
Have you any contact details for companies doing drone tethered systems?
Rgds

Neil

Here are some contact links, if you’re interested in digging further:

https://www.dragonflypictures.com/contacts/

Many thanks Dan.
Have emailled these.

Rgds

Neil

1 Like