Anyone thinking of getting a Mavic 3 Classic?

Although the question is specifically about the Mavic 3 Classic, I wanted to ask it here, in the General forums.

So…is anyone thinking about getting a Mavic 3 Classic?

While I personally do not like the name…at all, I think the idea of a slightly less expensive Mavic 3 is a great idea. I think it should have retained the Pro name, however, I guess DJI’s naming convention works, as they had the Mavic 3 and 3 Cine prior. I guess you can’t call this new one a Mavic 3 Pro because then it would demean the Mavic 3 some I’d think.

When the Mavic 3 came out, I was slightly interested, as the 4/3" camera is a big deal. I didn’t care for the zoom lens whatsoever and always thought they should have a version with just the 4/3" sensor, at a lower price point.

The thing I like is that DJI offers compatibility with the DJI RC. Of course, this seems like a no-brainer, as the previous Mavic 3s have this ability as well, however, it is really nice to see it included as a package deal.

As someone that has a DJI RC for their Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S, it is only a logical progression to get a Mavic 3 Classic drone only package to add to the fleet.

But herein lies a conundrum, for me. The Mini 3 Pro perfectly fits into the mini and social media drone category. The Mavic 3 Classic can handle everything else, easily, and do so professionally. So where does that leave the beloved cost-to-feature-packed Air 2S? It almost seems like it is not necessary.

I honestly, although I love it to death, am considering letting go of our tried and true Air 2S, in favor of getting a 3 Classic. I’m a believer in not letting equipment sit unused for too long. If it isn’t making me money, it’s not doing me any good. In a pinch, the Mini 3 Pro could do what’s needed work-wise if the 3 Classic were to go down. I guess I’ll think more about it, as I have yet another drone to sell as well.

What are your thoughts on the Mavic 3 Classic?

I would have considered the MAvic 3 classic I even tried to compare their features yesterday. But I already ordered the Air 2S so I’ll have to stick with it unless I can cancel the order.

@p9mwangi, even if you do stick with the Air 2S, it will be worth it! As I continue to say, the Air 2S has been the best drone for our business purposes. Even having flown the P4P+'s for years and loving that drone, the Air 2S blows that old workhorse away. Having flown Mavic 2 Pros, I still say the Air 2S is the better of the bunch. On the heels of the Mavic 3, the Air 2S is my drone of choice.

When you get the 2S in and get a chance to fly it, please let us know what you think. I believe there are a few other A2S owners here as well.

No problem. I will. I am looking forward to getting my hands on it

1 Like

Having recently purchased the Mavic Air 2s (coming from the Air 1) I am so impressed with the features of the Air 2s. For now, it’s my “go to” drone. It does everything I need it to and with the recent firmware update, everything is working great! Also, there are no work arounds needed when the Litchi app is sometimes used as the software upgrade of Litchi has been installed. Yay!

1 Like

I have the Mavic 3 Classic, and it is my go to drone for everything I do. It was much cheaper than the Mavic 3. The only thing I’m missing out on is the 2nd camera which I probably wouldn’t need anyway.

I have the Phantom 4, Air2S, and the Mini3, and the Mavic 3 Classic is my all time favorite.

What controller are you using with the Classic? Like you I also had a Phanom 4 (along with the Mini 3 Pro and Air2S).

What types of jobs are using the Classic for currently?

Yes, the Classic Controller. I get a lot of Real Estate listings as well as Land For Sale, but what has kept me the busiest is the construction.

1 Like